The mission of the Association is to:
- Enhance professional and personal relationships among the commanding officers of all police departments throughout the State of New Hampshire.
- Advocate for the creation of legislation and administrative rules that promote public safety and professional law enforcement consistent with the quality of life in the State of New Hampshire.
- Encourage a cordial and cooperative interaction and professional networking among all police officials wherever they may be, to advance the science pertaining to the prevention and detection of crime, and the apprehension of criminals.
- Elevate the standards of police service and advance the highest ethical and professional standards in law enforcement at all levels throughout the State of New Hampshire
- Uphold the honor and integrity of the Law Enforcement profession.
- Offer a system of review and legal support so as to protect the current status of R.S.A. 105. To create a body that will carry out benevolent actions to all law enforcement members and their families.
- Conduct and transact the business of the New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police.